JOB TITLE: Practice Manager I
REPORTS TO: Regional Operations Manager/Director of Operations
JOB CODE: Exempt
Advantage Dental Oral Health Center and its family of affiliated practices (Sarrell Dental & Eye, Community Dental Care) are working to revolutionize oral health care for communities across the United States. To do this, we take a unique, industry-leading approach to care delivery by creating lasting healthy outcomes through positive dental experiences. We call this all-in approach Preventistry®.
Advantage Dental and affiliate practices are bound by a mission: To improve the oral health of all. Comprised of 80 practices, over 200 providers and more than 800 support employees throughout six states, our network of practices provide care to over a quarter of a million patients annually. Join our team to be part of something greater, driving change that supports a more effective oral health care system. Together we are creating healthy, confident smiles across the Nation.
The Practice Manager I will enthusiastically lead and manage overall operations of the dental practice and support the mission of DentaQuest Care Group. This position is accountable for achieving yearly patient visit and revenue goals by attaining sustainable business results for the practice. The Practice Manager I contributes to DentaQuest Care Group’s continued success by passionately executing the company’s business model; promoting the company culture, mission and values; and ensuring consistent compliance with all key company programs, operating initiatives, and Quarterly Operational Audits. The Practice Manager I is directly responsible for the management of the day-to-day business operations through directing and developing a high performing practice team and cultivating positive relationships with providers and employees. The Practice Manager I demonstrates behaviors to drive superior levels of patient service and employee satisfaction while striving continuously to improve results. Follows and supports the CARE model for patient experience.
Leadership & Management
- Oversees and manage practice business operations including key performance measures and practice revenue and expenses with a week to week outlook.
- Takes personal ownership of the practice by being a positive role model through professional dress, demeanor, and language.
- Fosters strong relationships with the team to ensure a commitment to the CARE model for patient experience.
- Leads by example and always motivates diverse teams with self-confidence by exemplifying the company mission, values, and culture.
- Provides effective guidance and feedback to all operational areas while developing a thorough knowledge of all departments and functions.
- Creates a respectful workplace and is accessible, open to new ideas, and respectful of the opinions of others, fostering a cooperative and collaborative environment.
- Takes initiative, holding team and self accountable to the highest standards of performance and behavior.
- Provides superior patient service and an exceptional patient experience demonstrating responsiveness and sensitivity to patient needs with urgency to resolve any patient dissatisfaction in accordance with patient. needs, company policies and procedures, government regulations and dental board standards.
- Adapts leadership style to effectively deal with different situations and people, responding professionally when confronted with changes, adversity, and other work-related pressures.
- Listens, influences, and communicates with team effectively.
- Proactively communicates with other departments including Finance, Human Resources, Insurance, IT, Facilities, and Marketing, etc., to ensure proper support for practice operation.
- The Practice Manager I’s primary responsibilities are patient commitment, employee satisfaction, and establishing strong provider relationships.
- Responsible for achieving all budgeted goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates perseverance and a quality work ethic by a willingness to learn and invest the time to achieve results.
- Strives continuously to improve results by addressing coaching and training opportunities.
- Ensures the practice operates by set forth standards to provide maximized efficiency, improved patient flow, and a quality patient experience.
- Ability to objectively assess current team members and provide honest, constructive and consistent feedback.
- Develops and retains key talent and ensures people have the ability to grow and develop professionally.
- Plays a key role in training and development of new team members.
- Assesses the practice’s talent needs and makes recommendations to operations team.
- Ensure team is current and in compliance with all licensing and certifications requirements and has completed required trainings.
- Conducts employee evaluations under the guidance of Operations and Human Resources.
Patient Satisfaction & Retention
- Demonstrate and encourage a patient focus in all practice operations.
- Foster strong relationships with patients to create connections and influence patient retention.
- Coordinate internal marketing efforts to encourage continuous patient satisfaction.
- Work closely with Community Outreach Specialist to achieve marketing initiatives and new patient targets.
- Ensure appropriate follow through with patients to create lasting relationships.
- Inspires enthusiasm during daily huddles and monthly meetings.
- Develops close, trusting, and positive relationships with providers.
- Fosters an environment that encourages cooperation, teamwork and unity, developing strong, positive relationships with team members.
- Maximizes team performance through consistent and effective coaching and feedback.
- Acts as a team player and values others’ opinions.
- Confronts performance issues quickly and constructively.
- Fosters teamwork and collaboration within the practice and region to support company strategies.
Decision Making & Problem Solving
- Assert sound judgement and make strategic decisions to positively influence the practice’s performance.
- Proactively takes calculated risks and quickly implements changes to improve operational performance.
- Adapts to and promotes changes and ensures a positive outcome.
- Anticipates and constructively resolves conflicts.
- Involves the right people in developing alternatives and solutions.
Planning & Executional Effectiveness
- Executes company standards, processes, and procedures to ensure quality of service and a consistent patient experience.
- Strategically plans and executes to achieve operational targets while ensuring an exceptional patient experience and employee satisfaction.
- Oversees patient scheduling to guarantee the practice meets or exceeds budgeted targets and revenue goals
- Ensures the practice presents to company standards through compliance with OSHA and regulatory practices.
- Prioritizes, delegates work appropriately, and accomplishes multiple tasks and priorities effectively focusing attention on high impact and opportunity practices through follow-up, ensuring successful execution in agreed- upon time frames.
- Ensures adequate stock of supplies for operation while adhering to budgeting guidelines.
- Clearly conveys concepts, initiatives, procedures with concise and consistent communications.
- Effectively conducts meetings and makes presentations.
- Actively listens and comprehends the issues and needs of others.
- Clearly communicates issues and works collaboratively with cross-functional departments.
- Thoughtful communicator and fosters open communication in both group settings and one-on-one.
- Interacts professionally and effectively through clear and concise verbal and written communication.
- Possesses understanding of all aspects of the business necessary to perform the job.
- Has a clear understanding of budgeting and overhead cost management.
- Knows the geographic and competitive issues specific to region. (i.e.; advertising, economy, people, etc.).
- Maintains a safe working environment without compromise.
- Understands business metrics, interprets financial statements, and applies this knowledge to influence business outcomes.
- High standards for integrity, honesty, professionalism, and work ethic.
- Commitment to service excellence.
- Ability to work independently while demonstrating excellent organization and follow through.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Self-motivated, positive, and enthusiastic.
- Self- starter with a strong desire to exceed expectations and capable of leading, directing, and supporting a team to achieve successful results.
- Maintains confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to effectively work in collaboration with others to achieve business objectives.
- Willing to grow and be challenged.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred or commensurate work experience that is typically achieved with multi-unit exposure.
- 1 year supervisory/management experience or equivalent to include P&L management and oversight. Experience in management, ideally in the healthcare and/or dental segments.
- Previous customer service experience in retail, service, or healthcare setting is preferred.
- Computer Literacy, i.e.; Proficient with basic applications including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus, but not required.
- Current CPR certification or ability to obtain within 30 days.
- Ability to meet OSHA, CDC, ADA and HIPAA standards.
- Ability to travel using personal car to cover other practice locations as needed.
- Occasional overnight including business meetings.
- Requires the effective use of office equipment including, but not limited to, computers, phones and printers.
- Ability to sit at computer terminal for extended periods of time.
- Ability to communicate via telephone.
- Ability to communicate in an active office environment.
- Ability to concentrate in an office environment that is active with high voice levels and interruptions.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform this position. ** In accordance with DentaQuest’s Compliance Plan, employee must conduct DQ business in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, professional standards and ethical standards and report potential compliance or ethical issues to manager or DQ’s Compliance Officer. ** DentaQuest’s Affirmative Action Program affirms our commitment to make reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitation of otherwise-qualified individuals with disabilities or special disabled veterans, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please see Human Resources for additional information regarding this Program.
Find Careers Near You
There’s nothing more rewarding than providing high quality dental care to those that would normally not have access to it.
Advantage Dental provider
Cory B. White, DMD