At Advantage Dental Oral Health Center and affiliated practices (Sarrell Dental & Eye, Community Dental Care) we are dedicated to making a positive impact in underserved communities throughout the United States. As trusted members of the care team, Dental Assistants partner with their peers, providing essential support to ensure the delivery of quality care and positive patient experiences. Secure your future with an organization you can count on to provide the tools and support needed to excel in the dental industry.
Through opportunities for continued education and development, we provide our Dental Assistants with the tools and support needed to excel in the dental industry and chart a path of elevated responsibility and increased earning potential.
Dental Assistant I
Focused on charting, x-rays, sterilization, room setup and chairside procedures under close supervision. GED/HS Diploma and certificate as required by state or willingness to obtain.
Dental Assistant II
Provides advanced clinical support for chairside procedures and processes. GED/HS Diploma and 2+ years experience required. Advanced certifications preferred or as required by state.
Provides customer service for patients while assisting with paperwork, insurance, and scheduling. GED/HS Diploma and superior customer service skills required.
Specialty Dental Assistant II (Ortho, OS, Perio, Pedo)
Provides specialized support for Orthodontist, Pediatric Dentist, Endodontist, or Oral Surgeon. Regional travel may be required. GED/HS Diploma, 2+ years experience, and advanced certifications as required.
Provides customer service for patients with additional responsibilities such as: treatment planning, financing and insurance, and patient referrals. GED/HS Diploma and 2+ years working in a healthcare setting required.
Dental Assistant Lead
Provides extensive chairside and clinical support including treatment planning, supply management and facilitating trainings. GED/HS Diploma, 4+ years experience, and advanced certifications as required. Leadership experience preferred.
Provides leadership and development for practice teams through talent management, patient and employee experience and budget management. GED/HS Diploma and 1 year of management experience required.
Medical, Dental and Vision
With employer match
In-house training, advanced certifications, and continuing education courses
Paid Time Off
Holidays and paid time off with additional accruals for tenure
Life and Disability Insurance
With optional accident, legal, and identity insurance
We are bound by our mission: To improve the oral health of all. Our unique approach focuses on creating lasting healthy outcomes through exceptional dental experiences and patient education.
Join our team to be part of something greater, driving change that supports a more effective oral health care system. Together we are creating healthy, confident smiles across the Nation.
We are currently seeking a Dental Assistant to support our practice in Vickery, TX. This position will be contract in nature but be a long term resource to ensure continuity of care for patients.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with patient paperwork and maintenance of records, including charting dental needs and documenting patient oral and medical health records
- Assist dentist(s) chairside with dental procedures including patient management through treatment
- Manage dental supply inventory and follow maintenance guidelines for all equipment
- Take and develop x-rays following radiographic safety measures
- Perform sterilization and disinfection techniques of dental instruments and treatment rooms as required by OSHA, CDC, and ADA guidelines
- Communicate effectively and compassionately to patients about dental treatment needs and recommendations as prescribed by the dentist(s); this includes discussing home care and post-operative care after procedures and surgeries
- Prepare various materials such as dental cements, impression materials or other restorative materials as prescribed by the dentist(s) or hygienist
- Setup of treatment room, to include keeping the room organized and properly maintained
- Assists with Front Desk or other administrative duties as assigned
- Current state-mandated certifications such as Radiology, CPR, BLS, PALS required, or the ability to obtain within 30 days of the start date
- (2) years' experience as a dental assistant is preferred
- Advanced certifications such as EDDA, CDA, RDA, EFDA/EFODA are preferred, but not required
- High School Diploma or GED required, completion of a dental assisting program preferred
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changes and manage time effectively
- For those without previous dental assisting experience, willingness to train on the job through an internal training program
We are an equal opportunity employer and an advocate for diversity and inclusion.