A more effective health care system requires a revolution in oral health care and Advantage Dental’s affiliated practices are leading the way.
As a Dentist at Advantage Dental, you are part of a team dedicated to making a positive impact in underserved communities throughout the United States. Our providers are committed to driving change by introducing innovative approaches to care, implementing proven best practices, and accessing research and resources that reach beyond the dental chair. This environment of learning empowers our dentist to become leaders in clinical care to produce measurable outcomes and support a more effective oral health care system. We measure our success in changed lives, quality outcomes, and meaningful patient experiences to create a business that is both sustainable and accessible for those who are most underserved.
What makes a successful Dentist at Advantage Dental?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Skilled Communicator
Focus on Patient Care
Measure Success in Smiles
Be Part of Something Greater
Become an Industry Leader
“There is nothing more rewarding than providing high quality dental care to a population that would normally not have access to it.”Cory B. White, DMD
“The career path that DentaQuest offers is second to none. There is an ability to advance... in different avenues and really understand the business model as well and not just the practice side of things.”Justin Gonzales, DMD
“Working in a practice where we have professionals with different educational and experience levels allows me to learn and grow as a new dentist.”Iwona Zajakowski, DMD
“There are so many out in the community that suffer from pain and poor self esteem and poor health as a result of their oral health…Since DentaQuest has focused on prevention I have seen the impact on patients.”'Al Watanabe, DMD
Paid Time Off
Life and Disability Insurance
Professional Liability Insurance
JOB TITLE: Denturist
REPORTS TO: Director of Clinical Affairs
Welcome to Preventistry®! We are revolutionizing oral health for everyone by redefining prevention and care.
Advantage Dental Oral Health Center and its family of affiliated practices (Sarrell Dental & Eye, Community Dental Care) are working to revolutionize oral health care for communities across the United States. To do this, we take a unique, industry-leading approach to care delivery by creating lasting healthy outcomes through positive dental experiences. We call this all-in approach Preventistry®.
Advantage Dental and affiliate practices are bound by a mission: To improve the oral health of all. Comprised of 80 practices, over 200 providers and more than 800 support employees throughout six states, our network of practices provide care to over a quarter of a million patients annually. Join our team to be part of something greater, driving change that supports a more effective oral health care system. Together we are creating healthy, confident smiles across the Nation.
The Denturist, reporting to the Director of Clinical Affairs, provides assessment, diagnosis, and evaluation of removable prosthetics in conformance with approved clinical protocols and guidelines. Adheres to the dental practice acts of the state where they are employed. Strives to deliver a quality patient experience. Position contributes to DentaQuest Care Group’s continued success by passionately executing the company’s business model; promoting the company culture, mission and values; and ensuring consistent compliance with all key company programs and operating initiatives. Responsible for driving superior levels of patient service while striving continuously to improve outcomes. Follows and supports the CARE model for patient experience.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Diagnoses and provides appropriate dental treatment plans to patients to include discussion and explanation of treatment plans with patients and/or guardians to their satisfaction and mutual understanding.
- Devote Denturist’s full professional time and attention to performing professional dental services on behalf of employer
- Responsible for all denture technology services provided to the practice patients
- Utilizes best practices, evidenced based dentistry and ADA standards of care in guiding your clinical practice.
- Educates patients and guardians on the importance of maintaining proper oral health.
- Communicates with our clinical and administrative support team regarding patient treatment plans, required follow up visits and referrals to specialty dentists.
- Completes all documentation in the dental record in accordance with employer rules, regulations and procedures while adhering to HIPAA regulations.
- Ensures execution proper follow up and continued care of patients involved in multi – step treatment plans, particularly for those patients referred for specialty care.
- Attends required continuing education courses related to the dental profession for continued and improved knowledge and technique of dentistry and oral health.
- Practices and follows infection control and OSHA regulations.
- Follows all rules and regulations set by the state, federal and governmental entities.
- Consistently attends and participates in team meetings and huddles as directed by practice manager or Director of Clinical Affairs.
- Partners with the Practice Manager to ensure business objectives are met.
- Demonstrates and encourage a patient focus in all practice operations.
- Fosters strong relationships with patients to create connections and influence patient retention.
- Ensures appropriate follow through with patients to create lasting relationships with facility.
- Executes company standards, processes, and procedures to ensure quality of service and a consistent patient experience.
- Strives to balance the achievement of operational targets while ensuring an exceptional patient experience.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- High standards for integrity, honesty, professionalism, and work ethic.
- Commitment to service excellence.
- Ability to work independently while demonstrating excellent organization and follow through.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Self-motivated, positive, and enthusiastic.
- Self- starter with a strong desire to exceed expectations and capable of leading, directing, and supporting a team to achieve successful results.
- Maintains confidentiality discretion.
- Ability to effectively work in collaboration with others to achieve business objectives.
- Willing to grow and be challenged.
- Current unencumbered denturist licensure in the state of practice.
- Qualification through associate degree program or equivalent education with 1,000 hours supervised clinical practice in Denture technology under an approved supervisor or through any other state approved training pathway leading to licensure.
- Ability to obtain necessary credentialing.
- Maintain Continuing Education (CE) as required by state.
- Current CPR certification.
- Attends additional training as requested/deemed necessary.
- Group practice dental experience preferred.
- Full-Time schedule preferred.
- No supervisory responsibilities with this position
- Ability to travel using personal car as required by the company.
- Travel is not a regular duty of this position, but may be required from time to time
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Ability to stand for frequent and extended periods of time.
- The ability to bend, squat, kneel, reach overhead and carry or lift up to 50 pounds.
- Manual dexterity and sitting may be required in carrying out position responsibilities.
- The ability to handle sharp instruments.
- May be exposed to bloodborne pathogens, chemical hazards, respiratory hazards in a controlled environment.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals or substances.
- May be exposed to marked changes in temperature; excessive noise; dust; vibration; uneven surfaces
- Personal Protective Equipment required to perform job safely
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform this position. ** In accordance with DentaQuest’s Compliance Plan, employee must conduct DQ business in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, professional standards and ethical standards and report potential compliance or ethical issues to manager or DQ’s Compliance Officer. ** DentaQuest’s Affirmative Action Program affirms our commitment to make reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitation of otherwise-qualified individuals with disabilities or special disabled veterans, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please see Human Resources for additional information regarding this Program.