JOB TITLE: ASC Administrator
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
The Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) Administrator will enthusiastically lead and manage overall operations of the ASC and support the mission of DentaQuest Care Group. The ASC Administrator contributes to DentaQuest Care Group’s continued success by passionately executing the company’s business model; promoting the company culture, mission and values; and ensuring consistent compliance with all key company programs, operating initiatives, and Quarterly Operational Audits. The ASC Administrator is directly responsible for the management of the day-to-day business operations through directing and developing a high performing surgery team and cultivating positive relationships with our providers, employees and community partners. The ASC Administrator is responsible for leading the ongoing efforts of AAHC accreditation of the facility. The ASC Administrator demonstrates behaviors to drive superior levels of patient service and employee satisfaction while striving continuously to improve results. Follows and supports the CARE model for patient experience.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Leadership & Management
- Oversees and manage surgery center business operations including key performance measures and facility revenue and expenses with a quarterly outlook to include reforecasting and identifying future growth opportunities.
- Takes personal ownership of the ASC by being a positive role model through professional dress, demeanor, and language.
- Fosters strong relationships with the team to ensure a commitment to the CARE model for patient experience.
- Leads by example and always motivates diverse teams with self-confidence by exemplifying the company mission, values, and culture.
- Provides effective guidance and feedback to all operational areas while developing a thorough knowledge of all departments and functions.
- Creates a respectful, inclusive workplace demonstrated by being accessible, open to new ideas, and respectful of the opinions of others while fostering a cooperative and collaborative environment.
- Takes initiative, holding team and self accountable to the highest standards of performance and behavior.
- Provides superior patient service and an exceptional patient experience demonstrating responsiveness and sensitivity to patient needs with urgency to resolve any patient dissatisfaction in accordance with patient needs, company policies and procedures, government regulations and dental board standards.
- Adapts leadership style to effectively deal with different situations and people, responding professionally when confronted with changes, adversity, and other work-related pressures.
- Listens, influences, and communicates with team effectively.
- Proactively communicates with other departments including Compliance and Risk Management, Finance, Human Resources, Insurance, IT, Facilities, Marketing, etc., to ensure proper support for practice operation.
- Participates in training and ensure clinical components of care are in line with current policies
Reporting and Accreditation:
- Serves, along with any committee appointed for the purpose, as a liaison between the Governing Board, the Medical Staff and all departments of the facility.
- Reports the pertinent activates concerning the facility to the Governing Board at regular intervals.
- Ensures that the surgical programs and clinical services are in compliance with the respective components of regulatory body for accrediting body standards.
- Manages the AAAHC reaccreditation process.
- Works in conjunction with the Medical Director and Medical Executive Committee in the evaluation and development of existing and new surgical services at the facility.
- Monitors the adequate function of surgical equipment and patient care equipment through contracted services and follow up on maintenance and repairs.
- Processes the credentialing of practitioners of the facility.
- Appoints a person responsible for the facility in absence of the Administrator.
Planning & Executional Effectiveness
- Executes company standards, processes, and procedures to ensure quality of service and a consistent patient experience.
- Strategically plans and executes to achieve operational targets while ensuring an exceptional patient experience and employee satisfaction.
- Oversees patient scheduling to guarantee the practice meets or exceeds budgeted targets and revenue goals.
- Ensures the practice presents to company standards through compliance with OSHA and regulatory practices.
- Prioritizes, delegates work appropriately, and accomplishes multiple tasks and priorities effectively focusing attention on high impact and opportunity practices through follow-up, ensuring successful execution in agreed- upon timeframes.
- Ensure adequate stock of supplies for operation while adhering to budgeting guidelines.
- Responsible for achieving all budgeted goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates perseverance and a quality work ethic by a willingness to learn and invest the time to achieve results.
- Strives continuously to improve results by addressing coaching and training opportunities.
- Ensures the practice operates by set forth standards to provide maximized efficiency, improved patient flow, and a quality patient experience.
- Ability to oversee and manage ASC’s business operations including key performance measures and practice revenue and expenses with a 1 to 2-month outlook to include reforecasting.
- Ability to objectively assess current team members and provide honest, constructive and consistent feedback
- Develops and retains key talent and ensures people have the ability to grow and develop professionally.
- Plays a key role in training and development of new team members.
- Assesses the practice’s talent needs and makes recommendations to operations team.
- Ensure team is current and in compliance with all licensing and certifications requirements and has completed required trainings.
- Conducts employee evaluations under the guidance of Operations and Human Resources.
Patient Satisfaction & Retention
- Demonstrate and encourage a patient focus in all practice operations.
- Foster strong relationships with patients to create connections and influence patient retention.
- Coordinate internal marketing efforts to encourage continuous patient satisfaction.
- Ensure appropriate follow through with patients to create lasting relationships.
- Inspires enthusiasm during monthly meetings.
- Develops close, trusting, and positive relationships with providers.
- Fosters an environment that encourages cooperation, teamwork and unity, developing strong, positive relationships with team members.
- Maximizes team performance through consistent and effective coaching and feedback
- Acts as a team player and values others’ opinions.
- Confronts performance issues quickly and constructively.
- Fosters teamwork and collaboration within the facility.
Decision Making & Problem Solving
- Assert sound judgement and make strategic decisions to positively influence the ASC’s performance.
- Proactively takes calculated risks and quickly implements changes to improve operational performance.
- Adapts to and promotes changes and ensures a positive outcome.
- Anticipates and constructively resolves conflicts.
- Involves the right people in developing alternatives and solutions.
- Clearly conveys concepts, initiatives, procedures with concise and consistent communications.
- Effectively conducts meetings and makes presentations.
- Actively listens and comprehends the issues and needs of others.
- Clearly communicates issues and works collaboratively with cross-functional departments.
- Thoughtful communicator and fosters open communication in both group settings and one-on-one.
- Interacts professionally and effectively through clear and concise verbal and written communication.
- Possesses understanding of all aspects of the business necessary to perform the job.
- Has a clear understanding of budgeting and overhead cost management.
- Knows the geographic and competitive issues specific to region. (i.e.; advertising, economy, people, etc.).
- Maintains a safe working environment without compromise.
- Understands business metrics, interprets financial statements, and applies this knowledge to influence business outcomes.
- A Bachelor’s degree in one of the health professions, business administration, public administration or other suitable field is preferred or commensurate work experience that is typically achieved with medical administration exposure.
- Nursing or Master’s degree preferred
- AAAHC accreditation experience preferred
- 5 years supervisory/management experience or equivalent to include P&L management and oversight. Experience in management, ideally in the healthcare and/or dental segments.
- Computer Literacy, i.e.; Proficient with basic applications including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Current CPR certification or ability to obtain within 30 days.
- Ability to meet regulatory body, OSHA, CDC, ADA and HIPAA standards.
- Ability to work Monday through Friday and occasional weekends as scheduled and based on business need.
- Ability to travel using personal car to other practice locations or meeting sites as needed.
- Occasional overnight including business meetings.
- Limited air travel for annual conferences.
- Requires the effective use of office equipment including, but not limited to, computers, phones and printers.
- Ability to sit at computer terminal for extended periods of time.
- Ability to communicate via telephone.
- Ability to communicate in an active office environment.
- Ability to concentrate in an office environment that is active with high voice levels and interruptions.
There’s nothing more rewarding than providing high quality dental care to those that would normally not have access to it.
Advantage Dental provider
Cory B. White, DMD